The Aphasia Association (AAA)
The Australian Aphasia Association (ABN 53 872 558 043) is a support and advocacy association for people with aphasia, their families and the professionals who help them. The AAA was established in 2002 and is a non-profit organisation. Members of the AAA come from all states and territories across Australia.
To promote and support the participation of people with aphasia in their own communities by:
- Generating support networks for people with aphasia
- Providing information and counselling for people with aphasia and their significant others
- Reducing disability as well as attitudinal and environmental barriers.
To help people with aphasia participate in their own communities by:
- Raising awareness about aphasia
- Providing information about aphasia
- Supporting the development of local and state groups for people with aphasia and their friends.